Sunday, April 26, 2020

Things I like

Some things I love: white and green flowers and great green filler: tall, fluffy, spiky, different. I saw a car that caught my eye yesterday, parked a few houses down the street. Hmm, I like that. Turns out to be a Porsche SUV; wait I'll look it up. OK, Porsche Cayenne - about $70k. I am not a car person, but when I see what I like......Add that to the list. I like being near the water, living in a beach town. Also Paris, which is near the Seine but obviously is Paris. I could be happy with a month a year in Paris and a month a year in Nice, or Key West or Ogunquit - anywhere I could be ON the water and I really love the ocean or a big sea.....just saying. I love the Teddy Blake Adelia bag in lizard. Swoon. I like being trim and tan. I love to write. I love to perform in the band - singing and being funny. I love to be thankful for all I have, which is most of this list actually. Well, some.
Today I had a two and half hour call with an old college roomie and then an hour call with another one. Varying degrees of contact over the years but no matter. There may be a road trip out west coming soon. As can actually happen in the time of corona. I've loved walking daily. Really love the first green and yellow that shows up in nature in Spring. And now, the trees! Their show is just beginning and I plan to enjoy every act. I've clipped forsythia, some daffodils, chives, lavender - all from my own yard - to place around the house. Like all of the world I've been watching youtube videos on this year's garden. Big plans especially b/c of no gigging. Generally I'm gung ho in the spring and, as the gig schedule gets summer busy, I lose my garden mojo. Zucchini, microgreens, potato, sweet potato, radish, beets???? We'll see. Tomatoes are the only "for sure" we get volunteers every year from the previous year's crop. I also want to get some zinnias in there - they are great.
Oh, just thought about my peonies - and hydrangeas - love these perennials sooo much. Also my one rose bush, a Mme Isaac Pereiere - so lush. xxoo

No comments: