Wednesday, November 21, 2007

posting at least twice a year

I forgot how to access my own blog.
Kinda lost interest, too. Then I read another's post about how these daily posts can help one really live in the moment and that resonated with me. Not that I'll have time/anything of interest/desire to post daily, but....I do want to live more in the moment so perhaps I'll give it a try. At the very least I can post more than two times in a year!
The purpose of this blog is to inspire me to live more fully, every day. To make conscious decisions. Not to wait for "big" celebration days such a holidays to bring out the good silver and champagne. And I call it Paris on the Cuyahoga because I live in the Cleveland suburbs and I really want to be living in Paris. The Cuyahoga River separates the East and West sides of Cleveland, rather like the Seine divides the Right and Left Banks of Paris. From what I've seen, read and been told, Parisians (and many other cultures, to be fair), live more in the present tense than most Americans. Every day items like meals and clothes choice are expressions of individuality - they don't wait for the big moment. They claim their lives. Money and what you "do" are not as important as who you "are".

No comments: