Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Feeling less than thankful these days, so the day was a challenge. Intellectually I know that I have lots to be thankful for but let's just say I'm concentrating on the the negative these days.(apologies to the fabulous "accentuate the positive" Johnny Mercer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Mercer).
How French was my holiday? Not so much. Do the French play Yahtzee? Anyone? I know they don't guzzle bourbon manhattans and cosmopolitans as (absolutely necessary) predinner sedatives. And green beans with mushroom soup and crunchy onions on top, while yummy, just don't have the je ne sais quoi one might associate with haricot verts shimmering in the teensiest gloss of buerre. Oh! - a Dora the Explorer cake for dessert. Those of you unfamiliar with Dora should really get some new friends in the 3 to 4 year old range. Of course there was also pumpkin pie. What do you think we are?

No comments: