Monday, March 22, 2010

Springtime

Although Spring weather comes slowly to NE Ohio the date has arrived and I'm busy trying to do all the little things that come with the change of season. Changing over the closet is one of them. I'm always surprised by what I "find".
This year I am determined to harvest dandelion leaves from my yard and the local woods
(both places that don't use pesticides) and have dandelion salad. It is supposed to be a marvelous tonic, nature's offering to cleanse your insides. Asparagus and leeks are the next 2 greens that I plan to eat in force while in season.
I've had the bike out - it's running fine - and would like to decorate it a la Copenhagan Cycle Chic, with some plastic flowers.
And flowers - can't wait to pick some from my yard. I also can't wait to harvest the garlic I sowed last fall, cut back the clematis and prune the concord grape vines.
a la printemps!
La

No comments: