Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Computer Snack Tip

In general "no snacking" is an ironclad rule for chic. Just think about it - food is messy and greasy fingertips do not belong in a soignee world. But my world - the real one - requires me to spend hours at the computer keyboard. I have found the only snack that is now allowed at keyboard: Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans. 5 beans = about 45 calories w/ 25 mg of caffeine that is more absorbed than the same amount of caffeine in an espresso, for example,due somewhat to the presence of the chocolate (according to my research). I can make those 5 beans last 45 minutes! I rarely chew the bean, rather slowly savor the choc layer and then sort of suck the bean (sounds so gross put this way, but I make sure to never lay the bean against any teeth that might get stained etc) - as I said I almost never chew and swallow the bean. Simply toss it into the compost. These can be found at many markets and
the terrific Trader Joe's.
This is a nice treat, low calorie and invigorating, hope you enjoy it.
To my friends, chocolate and caffeine, and you,
La

No comments: