Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 6 in Paris

Today Le Marais - which is an area in the 3rd and 4th arrondissments on the Rive Droite. I've long waited for a falafel at L'as Du Fallafel, which is considered to be one of the best ever! I was rather disappointed - it's Passover and they can't serve it on the traditional pita bread, substituting matzo. So my review is that it was just okay. I really like the soft pita bread against the crunchy, fried chickpea patties and creamy tahini and/or hummus and pickled turnips; therefore the crackerlike matzo seemed dry and unflavorful. Note: Maha's Falafel at the West Side Market here in Cleveland serves my absolute favorite - so there's one for Paris on the Cuyahoga!! Hit if if you are ever in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame City. Totally yummy and I've tried many a falafel.
After a long, wandering walk in this area - we are gluttons for the architecture, the layout of the streets, the people watching.... we return to our hotel. I have totally mixed up our final day(s) here, but with the help of Jake's travel journal I can tell you that today is the day (not yesterday) that we head for the airport only to find out about the air traffic controllers strike and move to a new hotel - the Hotel Latin - exhausted after going to the train station to find all trains to Rome are full - to crash. Dinner is an impromptu picnic in our room with wine,beer, cheeses and pates from the local Marks and Spencer. Al Jazerra tv gets us up to date on the news, Boston bomber found guilty (our son was in school in Boston when that horrible event occurred, his dorm 3 blocks away and .......my heart bleeds for those who actually endured a loss, my few minutes of terror are nothing in comparison).
Peace and love, La

No comments: