Thursday, August 6, 2015

Facial Cupping

Before I write a Paris recap and move onto Rome I'd like to mention something I recently discovered: facial cupping massage. My regular body massage therapist also does this type of facial and suggested I try it, I'm super glad she learned this ancient technique and shared it with me. Using little glass suction cups (different sizes for different facial areas) and gently pulling the skin in a lymphatic massage (toward the lymph nodes in the neck and upper chest) drains excess fluid and promotes - natural- collagen production. I'm sure you can google it for more extensive information, but let me tell you it is:
super relaxing - like getting a full body massage but in a half hour; reduces puffiness and helps to sculpt the face; stimulates the skin to renew itself - in my experience the banding/lines that are horizontal across my neck and which I've had forever - are softening and disappearing!
So that's today's tip - I'd love to answer any questions and/or hear about your experience with facial cupping massage.
xo La

No comments: