Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Interesting Women with Jobs I'd Love!!

Taking (another) break from my European vacation series to post about 2 articles from this past Sunday's New York Times (08/30/2015). We get the Sunday Times delivered and it's a wonderful pleasure that lasts all week - we keep in in the kitchen and read it with our breakfast; just today (Wednesday) over my cafe au lait I finally got to the Business section and, as usual, found several articles of interest to me.
First there is an interview with Michelle DeFeo, president of Laurent-Perrier U.S. She's a francophile born in Pennsylvania (just like me!) who now heads the champagne house. The U.S. branch recently moved from California to Queens, NY and is housed in an old, renovated loft style space. Charming!

Second is an article about a former model, Frederique van der Wal, who started a flower delivery company in Europe in 2008, lives in Manhattan and the Hudson Valley and is introducing her business to the U.S. I share many of her interests and aesthetics as well and found this quick read to be a nice breakfast companion.

Flowers and champagne - everyday!! Live it up.

xxoo,
La

No comments: