Saturday, February 6, 2021

HMMM COOKBOOKS - just sayin'

 What is it that makes you want to read a cookbook? Even those without prose per se can be read, literally and  figuratively. But the ones wherein are shards of a life....become the story and the recipes, to me, just lists, amounts, foods not yet matched and married into something a bit different, maybe something so much more delicious than the parts

Cookbooks are by their nature different from most books when they are used. A roughed up old cookbook? Could be interesting.

hmmm 

I like a cookbook with some talking. The best cookbook names seem to be already taken. The I Hate to Cook Book comes to mind. I love that book. 

Clementine in the Kitchen - a good one. It may have slipped by you if your daughter  isn't a Clementine.  Historical fiction is a genre. Is historical cookbook also? If so, that's what this one is.

What do I have to offer? I am funny (shut up), some of my recipes are old and so am I....but I don't think my book is historical/humor in species.

It's family, home kitchen, basic yet not traditional, food we like to eat. With recipes that are precise enough to get you there. So what're my talking points for this cookbook based on that exciting synopsis?

We'll see..




No comments: