Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mark Bittman's NY Times article - Recessionista: The 2009 Kitchen Primer

Here is the link to Mark Bittman's NY Times article about
updating your kitchen pantry: http://tinyurl.com/77ojmy.
As I read thru the list, I plan to add more dried beans, homemade
salad dressings (I have lots of great recipes, but the kids have
different ideas about Ranch, for example), grains, frozen
veggies, sweet potatoes and spinach. There is a chance that we
will grow the spinach in our upcoming garden(s) and the beans as
well. I did grow and dry some beans a few years back, but the Recessionista
will make more of an effort to draw a decent yield. She must get
started on seed selection and sprouting etc. We'd like beans to eat
raw, umm like snow peas, and some to save for adding to
our pasta fagoli all winter long.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I was wondering if you have a good french dressing recipe? Not the Americanized version that's red, but a French vinaigrette like in little cafes? There is a restaurant here who has a divine one and I am trying to find a substitute that I can make at home. Thanks!