Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vide Grenier et le Marche aux Puces

Here's a link (I hope, I don't have much success posting these)http://tinyurl.com/l3fh5h to a fun article from,bien sur, the NY Times concerning one of my favorite ways to while away a day: hitting the thrifts and fleas etc. I believe bargain hunting for 'treasures' resonates with me deeply because of my affinity for history and storytelling - it's all interwoven.
I should do a post, with pictures, of the furnishings in my home that we picked from
the treelawns on trash day or found in a junk shop in Toronto, and refinished or painted or whatever....really an idea for a book! Ahh I've so many.
hope you enjoy,
xo La

1 comment:

Kristi said...

La,
Would love to see that post!
I'm a big thrifter. I also have furniture I've found in alleys. Actually quite a few items!
Kristi