Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Julie and Julia

I was invited to a screening last night of the new movie Julie and Julia. It was perfect. Meryl Streep invited us to see Julia as a delightfully funny, curious and earthy woman - just a terrific translation of what I felt when I read Julia's memoir My Life In France. This vision of Julia Child is almost transforming: her lust for life and her kindness, her interest in all things, her passion for food, her beautiful marriage.....and this 'getting to know Julia' is just one of the great aspects of this film.

The images of Paris are charming - bien sur - and of course the food looks scrumptious.

I read both My Life in France and Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, so I considered myself an 'expert' on the film even as we found our seats. My dear friend L. was unfamiliar with the whole project(s) - just a passing knowledge of Julia Child. We both adored the movie and ran out for martinis and artichokes apres (you'll know why after you see this highly recommended film).
Not just a story about food/cooking - but about life and living it with joie de vivre to the fullest.
xo,
La

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see this, thanks for the review.

la said...

Mme. I can safely say you will love it! La

sunnysblog@gmail.com said...

YAY! Now I'm really looking forward to seeing the film!!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog and I love it.
What a great title, Paris on the Cuyahoga! Adorable. Is the picture something from France?

I saw Julie and Julia and loved it.
I am a big fan of the cooking and the blogging.