Monday, February 15, 2010

Six Weeks of Lent

Kristi at La Bella Figura has posted about 'not a cent in Lent' - which I consider a clever way to confront this season. I am not a very strict Catholic, but I welcome the idea of backing off things a bit: less food, less spending, less alcohol.... and doing some things more frequently: complimenting my family, being more patient with them, spending more quality time with them. So I am hereby telling myself in print that I CAN DO IT. I have to remember that many of my ideals in terms of how I want to live my life are related directly to less is more anyway - and not to look at this as deprivation but as cleansing and reorienting.
One of my ideas is to reenergize with a new breakfast routine. This will start every
day off in the right direction. A member of the french chic group eats this: Greek yogurt(I like Trader Joe's) with some blueberries, a hard boiled egg w/salsa (love that!) a few almonds and a couple of prunes. I think that sounds like a delicious, well balanced meal that would stick with you at least till lunch.
So on Wednesday here we go......
La

No comments: