Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Aldi's Lacura Face Creams



I've been using 2 creams from the Lacura line: Q10 Restorative, which comes in the pink packaging as shown and Hydra Complete, which comes in a blue jar. The Q10 is for mature skin and is intended to increase the skin's firmness and diminish fine lines. It has a light rose scent and is a fairly thick formula. Along with coenzyme Q10, this formula contains E, F and B5. I use it as a night cream. A small amount, gently massaged, absorbs quickly. I'm very happy with the texture, scent, price (USD $5 for 1.7oz)and, most importantly, the results. I think my skin looks firmer and smoother.
The Hydra Complete (comes in blue packaging) is now my daily morning moisturizer. Containing sea minerals and vitamin B5, this cream is much lighter than the Q10 and absorbs quickly. It's intended to moisturize and freshen the skin. It also appears to have some illuminating ingredients as it makes my skin brighter and glowing. I love this formula and find it compares favorably to the pricer Neutrogena Visibly Even daily moisturizer I've also been using.
I give both creams very high marks and have read that, when tested, they compared favorably with the much pricer Lancome brand.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I wish we had an Aldi's here. Thanks for the review. I cannot believe how great the prices are. I mean really, if they can produce a product that delivers at that price, just think about how high the mark up is on the expensive stuff.

la said...

Yes, the mark up must be outrageous. Wish you had an Aldi too, it's been wonderful for my frugal bottom line...
love the pics of your lovely home btw, love your blog!
La

Unknown said...

Went to Aldi while holidaying in the UK and bought Lacura Body Q10 moisturising cream ...really great and SO cheap even at our awful rand exchange rate ! Are these products available anywhere in South Africa?

la said...

Ian,
I googled Aldi South Africa and it looks as tho they are not there yet, but are planning to open there in the near future. Aldi has a website so if you google it you may be able to get more info.
La

la said...

Belva, please let me know what you think, I'm very interested in others opinions on this. La

Polly Sue said...

I am a huge fan of the Lacura moisturizers. They feel so nice and wet. My skin is dry, yet has hormonal breakouts and this stuff keeps me fairly regulated. I use the Hydra in the blue pkg for day, and the Q10Night Cream at night.

Another fairly frugal product is the Psorzema cream by Derma E. It's available at Meijer and Vitamin Shoppe - though it's labeled for use on exzema, it's a great all around moisturizer for sensitive skin. It's my favorite of the Derma E line.