Thursday, October 8, 2015

ROMA DAY 6: WEDNESDAY 15 APRIL

Last day in Italy and I'm working. Jake and the kids are gone to the Coliseum and Cynthia to work. So I do laundry and use my ipad to connect to my home laptop and work, alone, in the apartment. Outside the long windows  - where I'm hanging our clothes to dry - below on the piazza, there is a demonstration going on. I can't tell for what but everyone seems very happy, there are blue balloons floating about and occasionally, a group singalong. They will disperse promptly at 4 leaving a few sad balloons behind. 
We've booked Veuling Air to Barcelona in the morning. Time to 'arrivederci baby' our hosts Cynthia and Will with dinner (I have melon and ham, again) and superb lemoncello, she pesters the waiter/lemoncello maker into a bottle for herself although it's only for in house, after dinner as a general rule. My love affair with lemoncello while in Rome is one of it's great memories. Will and Cynthia the other 2 big ones. It's easy to say that I found Rome delightful and I, for some odd reason, wasn't sure I was going to love it there. But I do. 

No comments: