Saturday, October 31, 2015

ROUTINES PART 2

I realize the Europe trip journal has yet to be wrapped up and there is Little Parisian Home to update as well. All in good time, I am in no hurry. We are now living at Elmwood and taking it slowly.

To continue on the theme from yesterday, in addition to daily routines I'd break things down fairly obviously: weekly; twice weekly; monthly; twice monthly, bi monthly; quarterly and yearly. Going through my daily planner I can recreate my schedule fairly well and I've noted items that will be slotted into the routines: personal items such as: swimming, haircut, facial, massage and facial cupping and more overall items such as:  cleaning, dog to groomer, bill paying, car maintenance (did I really add that?!), birthdays and holidays and special days.....it could get rather painful so I'll stop there. And I'll really just implement what works for me. One of the women I mentioned in yesterday's post uses her Sundays to organize for the upcoming week: she quickly cleans out the refrigerator and makes a list, goes shopping, tidies up and then she cooks a wonderful family dinner, enjoys it with her "tribe" then gets herself ready for her upcoming 4 day work week. She also walks her dog every day before work. She has habits and is living a well lived life.


This is probably how all those lovely people who always remember birthdays do it, by the way,


I've already jotted down my top 3 monthly routines/rituals (many things are BOTH routine and ritual!!) -  these are: 70 minute facial, hour massage, facial cupping and the next time I schedule my appointments for each I'm going to set up a regular day and time going forward. Genius (low level, but) I can always tweak this and it's how I already handle my 6 - 8 weeks between haircuts.

Purchasing my children's airplane tickets home for Christmas and visits, family birthdays, vacations - lots of stuff can be organized just by acknowledging it; and perhaps I'll be more likely to take advantage of some downtime to search airfares etc if I've noted each occasion.
Rituals, coming tomorrow darling.



No comments: