Thursday, November 5, 2015

Little Parisian House - Your Neighborhood

We moved last week - ugh to the physical act of that - and I've started a series on it - "Little Parisian House on the Prairie" (there is one prior post and yes, it sounded like a good title at the time, LOL). Every move I make now that we  are back at our beloved Elmwood gets filtered: does it contribute to a simple, luxurious, deliberate, european inspired lifestyle?  Yesterday I ran some errands and pondered how different my daily routine is now that I am living in the same town yet a mere 2.5 miles away from where I was living last week. This neighborhood is more residential yet I am closer to one of my favorite haunts, the library. From this location I can ride my bicycle to the bank, library, post office and grocer easily. I have a wonderful park across the street with woods and trails upon which to walk Scout. We have a private backyard deck and I spend large portions of my day working from there which is so luxurious to me.
I realize that not everyone has the ability to move. Believe me I feel that living in Paris would be the ultimate reinforcement to live a beautiful life everyday yet I won't be moving there (real) soon as much as I desire it. I guess my point here is to really think about your daily routines and what life you want to be living if and when you get a chance to move. Location does influence your life. It's possible to create a beautiful existence just about anywhere (it's all in your mind, remember) but the reinforcement that come from environment is really powerful and I've experienced that first hand this week.
bisous
La

No comments: