Monday, December 12, 2016

Living with intent

Why is your (delicious) morning coffee so important? Beyond the caffeine - it's because it's a ritual, a way in which you treat yourself, first thing (?!), every day. Self love. Deliberation. Curation/deliberation, the world is wide and there is always room for more - but I want to live a life, here where I am now, that resonates and calms. That feeds the concentric circles of La.  So I must choose, often, and make the effort to upgrade when I can; make the effort to know what I want; organize,think, have the discipline to implement this new way.
I guess I'm thinking this way b/c we are thinking of paying off some real estate to live in our current home indefinitely.  We are facing winter cold currently and snow. Is that what I want? I love this house: our kids were all born and raised here, it's got a layout that works for us -  it's a 1953 era home, well built, with details like lovely hardwood floors and a large wood deck we designed with railing walls including an old, folding brass elevator door bought in Toronto and wrought iron railings salvaged from somewhere (behind the bike shop??).  We have grapes and golden raspberries and other well established perennials in our gardens. We are 1.1 miles (1.77 km) from city center. Just a bit too much for walking (for me, at this point!) and it's just a bit more to my preferred Aldi and Target etc. The bottom line: do I want to really dig in, here, at Elmwood? Can we stay really long term? Do we want to remodel the kitchen (we must) and first floor full bath? I actually picture an older woman from a blog photo - probably from copenhagencyclechic.com - walking alongside her basket laden bike, elegantly pushing it as a very practical shopping cart. This time that woman is me.

No comments: