Friday, April 17, 2009

Carry On

































I love my french market baskets, pictured above.The larger one was a gift from my sister in law at least 8 years ago. Kathy had a shop in the Chicago area and rented the back room to 'Pamela de Provence'. Knowing my love for all things French Kath got it for me for Christmas. It has been used daily and still looks great. I use it for grocery shopping, carrying my essentials to work, for the beach and pool, traveling....endless uses and constant comments from admirers. The small one I bought on sale about 5 yrs ago when shopping on the east side (of the Cuyahoga, bien sur!) and it has been just as wonderful. Snag one if you can find one. Truly these bags are terrific investments.



Two other bags that I use, if not daily, are my panniers. One is pictured above - I am not having much luck in putting the photo where I want it.They hook onto my bicycle in an instant and then travel into the store, library, park, pool etc. very easily having a shoulder strap. I think a bike basket is very cool, but these are pretty great too. Here is a picture of one of my panniers on my bike - okay this photo is not where I want it either - but you can tell which one I'm talking about. I love my bike and when I have both panniers with me I can do quite a bit of
grocery shopping....it's exhilarating flying down the street (home from the market is downhill - the universe conspiring here) with a gallon of milk and 2 bottles of wine and bread and cheese and all my other goodies packed safely in the panniers, feeling free and healthy and eco-concious and just plain good.








1 comment:

celiajuno said...

Love this post. I really want to get a bike.