Sunday, May 3, 2009

My deck and patio are coming alive




One of my favorite places on earth. I have roses that I've grown from infancy and brass doors that I've lugged from Toronto and privacy. It is a sanctuary of sorts, a garden, a meal setting, a party haven. The peonies popped up 8" almost overnight.
My daffodils and tulips (from the front of the house) are done. They were pretty.

Yesterday I just had to get my red geraniums. Visually they scream "Paris". Red geraniums, like red polish on my toes, are a no brainer for my style. They'll go in some pots for the deck and in the front garden to round out the
veggie plants I'll be putting in. Did you know it is very easy to 'save' geraniums
over the winter in an attached garage or cool basement area?
My flower and veg gardens are going to be integrated this year to take advantage
of our best sun for the veggies, which can make do in the back but really thrive in the S/West exposure in the front.
Perhaps I'll post more pics as the season progresses.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the chaise lounge. I have always wanted one either indoors or outside. They are so dramatic and fun.