Monday, June 10, 2019

Organizing Europe 2019

The tired is real. Very real. Travel, train/airplane/tram/metro/boat/car/foot. By foot. Lots of it. Then home, so inspired! - that I almost immediately weeded/planted the front yard. Looks great. Off my ketoesque diet for two weeks. Therefore my body is screaming at me. From all fronts. Note to self: always allow several days to recuperate. Stay focused on diet. Drink lots of water.

Focused. Today is to distill/organize some of our traipsing thru Europe. We can go many ways: by city, restaurant experiences, lodging experiences, walking, sites, meet ups, travel, moments.
Our first big travel moment: leaving Toronto via Air France. Lovely airline overall. Adorable flight attendents, tres stereotypique. Chic - no overstatement - on flight safety videos. Wrapped blankets and pillows and headphones and eyemask. Fresh rolls served by tong via the attendant to your three course meal tray, including cheese and champagne. Cognac, but of course. No coffee, try to sleep but I first get sucked into watching Colette on the inflight movie. Heck, I am on a flight to Paris. Wanted to see this movie, am a sucker for Colette, didn't really regret it, but I should have slept. Arrived (apres coffee, small yogurt, croissant on board) to CDG and the charming RER train. Airport is massive. We exit at Porte Royal and walk, easily, to our VRBO on Rue du fer a Moulin. I am so glad we stayed in this area - it was different from where I stayed both times previously in Paris, but still so walkable to the Seine. Rue Mouffetard is my kind of exquisite - walkable, varied, leads to something (Sorbonne). It's a lively mix of locals, students, some tourists. Everything to eat, displayed as artwork vignettes. We, sans Mick, explored a pharmacy and walked the hood to the Seine.

Wrapping today up here, for now. Am tallying all expenses and will try to make sense of that in the future as well.
smile......
La

No comments: