Friday, June 21, 2019

Twenty Twenty

There is something I like about that. Twenty twenty. Next year. I saw a day planner at Marshalls the other day. White with black lettering: Twenty Twenty. Bought it. It runs from this August thru December 2020. So in honor of my birthday today I'm taking off from trip reporting and doing a freestyle post on things. What a topic! Things.
Have been really great. Not sure if it's the trip or the Magic or the little spinning plates of fate, but whatever - I am grateful for my new attitude. The annoying little things aren't as grating. The lovely little things are being noticed. Despite the rain, and we've had more than enough, my thoughts are sunny. Sing that you optimist. My home looks lovely. Garden/yard: same. My relationships are smooth. Balance in my work. Money in my bank account. Greek Fest in my future. Wardrobe snazzy.  And 20/20 looming in my mind. We have so many thoughts for vacations: Montreal, Palm Springs, Ireland.....Our main bathroom is going to be remodeled soon. I have $200 in Nordstrom gift cards. Yes!! Don't need anything right now tho I believe I'll need a new pair of the black 'leather' leggings I love from BP, they don't usually show up until fall. Maybe  some black leather high top sneakers. Yeah....
So in 2020 the plan is to forge ahead, in a new, more deliberate way. We can slow down a bit. Savor our being. Take extended trips and some short ones too. Maintain our simple, luxurious lifestyle, make it even more gentle and civilized, enjoy it everyday. Update our outdoor space - repair gas heater and get some lights strung. Maybe a new grill (altho we aren't big grill folk). Eat al fresco often, as the default. This weekend we plan a trip to the farmer's market: I'm hoping for Charentais melon. A home tour on Sunday - renovated house near one of our rentals. Greek Fest tonight with sisters, a tradition now. Aperol spritzs in our immediate future: got a bottle of it and two of prosecco!
That melon, with prosciutto, and perhaps an Aperol to wash it down, is the bomb.
Cheers!



No comments: