Thursday, June 27, 2019

The trip that keeps on giving....More from the Netherlands and Denmark

Last night I said to my husband something like: the trip seems so over, so long ago. He agreed. And I've yet to finish my wrap up and I still think about it every day. Good news - I have completed the expenses total and will spit it out as well.
In retrospect the Netherlands has a fond place in my trip memories and is just a cool city. Hippie chic and that's probably a good two word-er for me. I'll add anything that comes up, but from here we fly, KLM, to Copenhagen. Easy metro and walk to the airbnb which is gorgeous. Thank goodness. Large, two bedrooms, living and dining rooms, clean kitchen and heated floors/towel rack in bath. The heated wall hung towel rack is pretty common and pretty nice. That idea, actually both, may be incorporated in the upcoming bath remodel! We cleaned up and walked the 10 or so minutes to JK and MKK's really gorgeous apartment on the lake. Lunch al fresco down the street and was introduced to the, now ubiquitous, aperol spritz. History.  So here we changed gears - from nuclear family (minus one) to a family now traveling with a brother and his sister, family friends, for a few days. Pretty cool. For an example of a 'difference', one night we picked up pizza and had a few boxes and bottles (of red) in their lovely apartment. Otherwise we'd have certainly eaten at a resto.  Another night in CPN we missed dinner - that first night actually, Sunday - by waiting too late. 9pm, who knew that Sunday was such a loser? We had okay middle eastern at a small place, one of the few options. Ate outside.  "Doing" CPN, you will inevitably be told about Tivoli and, quite frankly it sounds worse than it is. Ha. Tivoli is an old amusement park / garden / restaurant/ theater mash up that is, as is much of what I've seen regarding group encounters in Europe, civilized. It's not garish, the food's not gross and the people are behaving sanely. The hardest part was getting in, they have ticket machines and, as mentioned in an earlier post, Danish is Greek to me/us. And the thing got stuck with the ticket up in the, what should have been, exit. Try saying that in Danish and get back to me.

no .. over an A here,
L

No comments: