Sunday, December 30, 2007

rickrack

Our lives have been one big holiday party for what seems like weeks, but has probably been only,well, weeks. I feel a gargantuan blob and like saussison in my jeans. As do we all, from what I hear (and see!). At last the rounds of cheese and tortilla chips are done. I love to see my friends and family and meet other friends and their families and socialize with people I'll never see again. But, the gourmand/glutton in me is undone by the lovely drinking and pecking and grazing to be done at these soirees fabuleuse(je sais, je sais). At least my jeans *do* zip. For my grande finale du les Holidays.....I will, mmes et messrs, create demain not only one, but two inordinately rich dishes from l'homard, which I consider le ne plus ultra of celebration, bisque et risotto. Lobster bisque and lobster risotto with vinegary green salad and crusty, fluffy rustic bread, a fire roaring, music to the mood and a parade of family and friends for NY Eve, 2007. Au Revoir and let's begin anew in 2008 with hope for another year of joy in living.

No comments: