Sunday, December 9, 2007

what begins as a blog entry

Even tho I travel extensively, home is everything I love. My atelier is within my home - with an important, additional field office on my deck. The outdoor room is paramount and my style dictates a comfortable mixture of old linen, leather and wood, worn orientals and hardwood floors - trashed elegance, you might say, rust has become my friend. Mme Pereire roses (mine are featured in the slideshow at right) swarming over the elevator door trellis/wall. Seducing with scent and that unimaginable green/pink clash....heaven.
Of course you must have a bed. So you can spread out with all your things: books, coffee,notebooks and other fodder. A lounge or a desk, not the same really. Must be a bed and I support bed culture in general, but that's the subject of another post.
Big baskets, wooden troughs with handles, lovely large trays (am infatuted with trays)for transporting books, magazines and delicious sustinance indoors to out. I never spill a drop!!
Outdoors is a luxury with two level living: a wooden deck off the house and a stone patio opening into grass. A charcoal grill and radiant heat lamps make our northern Ohio paradise inhabitable almost all year long and we cook and eat there often. Pillows, blankets, unrolled carpets.....like an elegant, old fashioned picinic - only we do it always.

No comments: