Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Callback audition

Last post was my experimental self. I wonder if spacing and other variations made upon 'correct' writing helps the reader to feel and understand what the writer is attempting to convey. 

Today something totally different to get myself to write for twenty minutes. I have two things on my calendar today: a callback audition and a gig. That's the content of my blog today. 

The callback is for a well know insurance company. I'm in the running as 'grieving spouse'. Which is a refreshing difference from patient/doctor/hospital administrator etc. Enough cannot be said about the benefits of life insurance and these guys are trying to say it with some emotion, so I'm gonna ramp it up if I can. I got weepy at first audition, but that may have been luck and emotions that were already close to the surface. Today I'll have to summon it more. Strategies. Should be memorizing the script right now. Right.

Gig: cool resto in Solon area - we're there every other month and will, probably, be performing on the patio (!! yay) this evening. Coincidentally a man who has played my 'husband' in some commercial work also has a callback for the same project today and he, sometimes, comes with his wife - who happens to be mayor, not of Solon, but near by, to this gig.  That's a long sentence, live with it.

So a day in the life. I run on the variety of my schedule. Yesterday was completely different: I met with  a tenant about a new lease and had lunch and then dinner with two different friends. Two of my long time, best of the best, friends.

Tonite's gig is the first of a five day run - summer is big concert time in NE Ohio, as everywhere, and we are very well represented and well received everywhere so it's an honor to do this work. And it's work to sing and dance in go go boots for up to three hours at a time, day after day. I'm not that young either: see grieving spouse, above. I guess I'mma use it till I lose it. I have my third massage of the month next Tuesday, this has been a pampering month on that front but it's made the difference in my getting back to feeling 100% and so worth it.

love yourself first,
La


No comments: