Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Leaving Paris: Home - Time for the Luxury Routine

So, now we are three again, retracing our steps back to Canada from Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. M has gone to catch the RER into Paris and we luckily didn't press him to hang out because we then had the first/only airport problem: luggage (all three total/ together on scale, weird right there) were slightly overweight. This was weird b/c we're now on flight number four of this trip, same luggage (we did a very small amount of shopping!!!) and have to check/pay for one of our bags. I volunteer. Idiot. Try kiosk. Oh wait, first we walk waaaaay back to the Air France desk. Try kiosk. Takes all info and then does nothing, giving me a 'receipt' that says it's not a boarding pass. OK. Get in, really, the world's slowest short line ever. Maybe 7 parties/groups of two or three. Finally get to pay again altho I explain my recent kiosk pain/process to the attendant. Now, for the first time in my life I'm really feeling the "oh these pricks the French" feeling. So, down $120 I regroup with J and C and we pretty much walk another mile or two and board. That was not Air France's finest hour, however I am pleased to report that, just yesterday!, I received an email that my complaint call (yes sir you better believe it) had garnered a refund of the extra charge!! Ugh they cannot make up for that line so easily.... Flight to Toronto fine, dinner, breakfast, some sleep. Five minutes with A, grab the Prius and hit the road for a earnest drive to the CLE.
Yay, home.

Quick home update: so since being home (in three days we'll have been home one month). The entire process: planning (seed was planted last December) and we got serious about 2 months out. Trip - flies by. Now home already a month. And just getting settled. There are some interesting take aways. The financial. etc and so I'll keep writing to explore those aspects, but now being home I have decided to embrace what I call the Luxury Routine. There is some discipline. Which I hate and don't even really like to type. And some luxury. yea babe. In a nutshell it's basically my normal morning routine, followed strictly and aided and abetted by extra deep tissue massages, more sleep, chiropractor (maybe). Yesterday was a ninety minute deep tissue massage and it was what I want, once a week, from here on out. I did something differently: booked massage for ten a.m. - generally I go later in the day thinking I'll take a bath and go to bed or relax or.....  Anyway I got out of that bliss into soft sunshine, home to a hot, Epsom salt bath and complete exfoliation, hair wash etc. I just continued the spa experience,( massage studio is only five minutes from home so..) at home. Great lunch, well after one p.m. so I'd done the keto fast that I love, about thirteen or more hours) and felt hydrated and healthy.

Did some work. Made a blueberry crumble (one of my 'specialities') for Dad and delivered it with ice and whipped cream both. so gooooood.
I mean yummy!!

No comments: