Thursday, April 18, 2019

Aldi's crab legs - Paris in May

Rolling our way toward May, toward our ten day folly in Europe. A quick, weekend-like visit of three days to Paris, then three in Amsterdam, followed by the Copenhagen trois. This will be our third time in Paris, my love, and my first time the elsewhere. I feel overly prepared for Paris and not a bit for the others, ha. I can't get enough of Jay Swanson rolling arrondissment by arr. on his wheel, smile perfect. Or what Ruth Reichl ate in Paris. - youtube to paper/books to my in the flesh account, coming soon. I'm trying to get a good head plan around what we'll be doing. Of course the daily routine is smashed to hell (and I like mine.....:)) sleep is different, the four of us will be together basically 24/7. (we know we travel well together, huge).  So beginning now I'm attempting to get up between 7 and 8 am. Not as many gigs yet and the ones we have are earlier now so I need to be prepped for that. Working as many appraisals as I can accept and not feel pushed.  Trying to get some home stuff done pre trip - deck washed, windows etc. We've been cognizant of eating out - and not doing it as often - for about 2 months, also in prep for the trip. Last night we made 2 large bags of crab legs, 4 of the most humongous artichokes ever, cheese/charcuterie plate and had a delicious wonderful meal with our daughter and her boyfriend. Spendy seeing the trip prep statement above but still much less than eating that dinner out and was really good. Not too much work either!! Aldi's crab legs, tested more than once and highly recommended. I'll put that in the title, click bait.
Anyway more prep: bought shorts (!!!??) and linen cropped pants in soft green. Weird sizing but I liked that both items were very different for me and I think very wearable. Shorts are Jones NY, black and white pattern (chanel-ish) and I'd wear with one of my many white t shirts and black  sandals or tennies. White Kors blazer I've never worn might look good with them too. So....in addition to the sizing on the garments I'm a bit super sized this month. I think the 10 should work fine, but I'd love to be in the 8. I can see both items going to Europe.
Pretend day in Paris: wake, get coffee, prep for day, walk/sightsee, snack, relax, walk sightsee dinner, walk/ boat ride,travel the sites bus, picnic meal, bistro meal, street market, flea market, Marais, Latin Quarter, Montmartre, Effiel Tower, Louvre etc.
See ya!

No comments: