Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Amsterdam dam snag

Expensive in The Netherlands (The osu) and inexplicably busy when we're going (adding to The tourist glut). Today I'm going to explore: cancelling Amsterdam- which entails cancelling a flight and a train trip and booking more nights in Paris and passage from there to CPH; or paying a lot for a place in Amsterdam.  Reason: the air B&B can't take us on our dates, I complained in yesterday's post about the hotel we do have booked and I don't want to stay at! Quelle decision. We had to think on our feet several times in 2015 and this time is proving no different except last time the footwork took place in Paris and Rome. Air flight controllers on strike in France and whatever....

And it's getting close.

Our friends are in Venice, just arrived. He surprised her with a new wedding band. Lovely Ken.

Our niece will be in Paris overlapping us two days. Fun! Our son hasn't seen his cousin in awhile. Perhaps we'll do Montmartre with G. She needs a caricature done by an artist there - my sister and other daughter have one, framed, in their family room, from their trip in 2016 (?). Sacre Coeur is on the short list so.....

What have I been doing to make my vie quotidian (now I have to look that up..., good it's ok) more relaxed and thoughtful, smoother and more luxurious, better smelling and bathed in joie de vivre>>??!! Ummm, Keeping to my routines is very nice. Today I stalk the stores of the East side. Very focused.


Here is a saying that resonates:
The Purpose of Work is to Create.  The Purpose of Earning Money is to Have Enough Money.
(capitalization mine).
So I had a slow year in 2018 in terms of my 'real' job, however I have several streams of income and didn't really feel the financial pinch. I loved the freedom. Our tax preparer has extended our deadline and we haven't seen the results yet - which has me a bit nervous. Finances and planning are up, we are ready to shift some focus and estate plan fine tune etc.....waiting on the (tax) man.
xo La

No comments: