Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Six weeks of anticipation

Anticipation. The best part of a trip? It might be. From my comfortable surroundings I imagine all the highlights of world class cities. "The best is yet to come", it screams to me. Airplanes figure in very little if at all. Lines. Other people in airplanes that I can see, hear and smell. So there's that for anticipation, selectivity. I suppose if you aren't anticipating it's called dread. Totally different.
So let's embrace anticipation. In the perusing,planning, packing - put your arms around it and ride the wild semi unknown. Yesterday I mentioned packing and distilling your style and that idea stuck with me. I have my travel essentials list, one I created and has everything for travel in planes and cars so I simply cross out anything that's not going this time and add my daily clothes, shoes and accessories to it. For this trip we are driving to Toronto so we'll need all the car stuff. Then we fly (overnight, yay, best way) to CDG, Paris. So first night is in Toronto, night two is on airplane, nights 3,4,5 are at VRBO in Paris. Nights 6,7,8 are in Amsterdam. Nights 9,10,11 will be spent in Copenhagen and night 12 is a flight, landing in Toronto that same evening, so I'm treating it like an overnight if I can, we leave Paris at 5 pm arr. TO 7:30 pm so...... Drive to CLE next am.  Break it down: 2 days car, 2 days airplane,  9 days of eating, sightseeing, short travel, sleeping/lounging.  A travel outfit really works great and I love black. Generally I wear black rayon pants with a drawstring and elastic waist - this waistband combo is essential, mine are GAP. Wear black tights underneath if it's cold (if not, pack those tights anyway, you never know! and they take up no room). Cool tennis shoes - currently: black leather with one white star on each shoe or low heeled booties. In the car footwear might be my sturdy leather thongs. In all cases supplemented with black ankle sox when lounging en route. 3/4 sleeved black scoop neck t in rayon/non wrinkly material. Army green vest with several pockets and breaks up the black, lol. Jacket, loving one from Zara which we also bought our son. Navy, looks like a well tailored blazer however has a zip in/out hoodie hat and neck layer. Genius. Looks polished and cozy all at once.  Time's up lovelies.

No comments: