Sunday, April 28, 2019

SnoT

I do crack myself up sometimes. Like with the title of this blog. SnoT is my acronym for "Sensations no Thoughts" - snot. It's easy to remember and it's how I help myself fall asleep sometimes.   Often when trying to sleep you experience mind racing thoughts. I've found that my snot mantra is a good reminder whilst I conciously relax every toe etc. -  relaxing all muscles and tendons - all the way up to my face. If I start thinking about anything but relaxing I say snot and go back to feeling sensations of relaxation not thoughts.
I've tried to find a prettier mantra but this is what I've got. And it works for me.  As my blog says 'your thoughts create the world you see'.  True dat.

In other "news" I've been so super 'on' about blogging everyday. Don't think anyone else is reading this but that's not the main thing for me. I just want to write and get into a rhythm. Set the timer for 20 minutes and GO.  I'll share my thoughts, hints, ideas etc and hopefully they resonate with someone else, but the reality is that I'm currently doing this for me.  I used to belong to some french chic groups on the net/facebook but am not currently on facebook so I don't have a (possible) group of readers to reach out to. I also don't know if I have anything interesting to say or if I say it particularly well.  No promises but I'd like to do this everyday until we leave for Europe.

I want to remind the family to get a good book for the trip and a travel dairy. I have some colored pencils that we can use to dress up our entries if we're into that. I love reading my travel dairies from my previous visits to Europe. As an aside, we'd like to do more exploring of the N.A. continent, perhaps starting this  summer with a trip to Montreal. We can borrow my sister's camper van and try out road life. Stop in Boston to see relatives, stay with them or at the yacht club and then up to Montreal  to stay (perhaps) in a campground for a few days and see how we like it. Then we could swing thru Toronto for a few days on the way home. Big Circle Tour I'll call it. I do enjoy Canada.
Home of Alex Trebec - who is married to a playboy bunny btw - I never knew! Go Alex, lol.
love,
La

No comments: