Monday, April 29, 2019

Castor oil packs?

Happy Monday.
Today we are meeting a financial planner/lawyer. We have a will, living will etc but the move in 2019 is to shore everything up financially. I'd like to travel more and work less (at some things) and 'work' more at others. She may refer us to someone else ultimately. We need someone who is knowledgeable in rental properties, avoiding medicare charges, when to collect social security. Not glamorous but gotta be done.

In other news, I've been suffering all winter with bronchial issues. Awful breathing issues. Inhalers, antibiotics and breathing treatments. Things finally settled down a few weeks ago and then resurfaced. I have to say I found a treatment on the internet/youtube that works for me.  Yesterday I inhaled steam and nothing expectorated.  So I remembered to do this at bedtime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLqwHJnANUg    It's the Edgar Cayce castor oil pack. The video's fairly simple, I simplified even more last night as I couldn't find the heating pad. I put the caster oil on my chest, an old t shirt over it and a hot water bottle on my chest. This morning I had a very productive coughing session clearing my lungs considerably.  Odd but true.

Taking lunch to Dad before the lawyer's appointment. Tomorrow we see Dear Evan Hanson at the Playhouse and Wednesday I have a girl's night with my friend L.  PopTarts even have a day gig this week and one on Friday night. I have a few appraisals to wrap up as well. Cinqo de Mayo is Mom's birthday and we'll all go to brunch.

Jake just informed me that tickets to the Anne Frank House are sold out! A month in advance?! Bummer, that's one of the main attractions in Amsterdam, obviously I guess.

Lazy Sunday yesterday. Jake painted the inside of the linen closet and I am happy. We have a lovely older home and I don't think that closet interior has ever been painted. Can't wait to get all the (curated) items put back away. BTW I love the word curated. Curated closet, curated everything! Curate your life!!
Curate something today :)

No comments: