Friday, April 19, 2019

Nine Days - Three Super Cool European Capital Cities

Going to meander a little bit and then title this post. What a nut! I've gotten several Cara Black books from le biblioteque and requested a Ruth Reichl 'what i ate in paris'  book also. I'm crazy and oh so intellectual. I have been enjoying the travel prep quite a bit tho.

In prep I've purchased a smaller size, rolling carryon. Samsonite from Marshalls. Needs a cute thrift store scarf bound to it somehow tho as it's pure black. The European concept of a carry on (on some airlines) is smaller than the US standard  - not surprised. I also got amazon basics packing cubes caving to youtuber pressure. For $20 I'm sure they'll be useful, maybe more than that.  We will see. Not 100% sure of my carry on accessory  bag yet. Didn't like the one I tried from ones I own when I flew to Boston in January for a commercial job. Don't think a backpack, however cute, is for me but want something that 'works' for the plane/travel portion of the gig. As for my purse:  I don't mind my trusty Hedgren crossover bag which will be with me, as it is at home, everyday.

 Finally got onto Amsterdam and know that we'll be about a 20 min walk from train station (Centraal) to our hotel on Beursstraat, red light baby. Well, it's near the district and supposed to be fabulously located. We have 4 beds and a bathroom so we'll be out and about for everything and that'll work from here I think. Of course a canal ride, need to look that up. Also the Bateaux Mouche and whatever canal ride we'll do in CPN.
Water is the only theme that will follow thru this 'weekend - like'  traipse thru 3 super cool European cities (capital cities?, check this.... YES, the fact has been verified).   At least so far. We're flying, taking the train, metro. Staying with a friend (hi Andrea), VRBO, hotel and ???  The 36 hours theme, change of venue, walking , eating, hanging out, exploring.

Back to reality; gigging tonight in North Royalton. I must not eat altho they have excellet food and feed us. Part of the trip prep that I'm not focused enough on is eating properly and getting back into the shape I've been in. Winter in a word is a large part of the issue. However, my version of keto is a good way for me to eat - I feel lighter, more alert, less achy and I am leaner, despite the season. Because why wouldn't I want those benefits? It is a discipline developed tho, especially starting up.
We're getting the deck prepped and have eaten al fresco when possible. Keto, and the one big meal - if you eat it with friends/family - is very social, healthy and you can enjoy it every day! Live life like a European.
xo

No comments: