Saturday, April 27, 2019

I'm rambling here.....

So we gigged last night, very nice audience. They stayed all night and gave us many kudos, but I really dislike the owner and her staff. It's always something with them. We're having a meeting soon so we'll see what happens with this. It's a once a month job and I wouldn't mind dropping it. We play over 130 gigs a year so we don't need this aggravation.

I wonder what society is going to be like in 10 years? We are definitely losing our civility and manners as a whole. So much emphasis on self. Kids playing video games are at risk of losing touch with reality. The rich getting richer.  Lots of negatives that I can see playing out poorly.
Got the Amsterdam train - air b&b route down.  We've got the bones down and lots of ideas for each city so we'll flesh it out now. If there's anybody out there please feel free to chime in on 'must do's' for Paris, Amsterdam or Copenhagen.

Today I'm looking to buy a combo mini fridge/microwave for second floor of my parent's condo. Dad sleeps up there and has an office up there and is having some difficulty keeping his balance. He won't move downstairs so we have to find a way to keep him safe. He has trouble sleeping and often gets up for a snack or warm chocolate milk, we're concerned he'll fall.

Mom's birthday is Cinco de Mayo. These days it's such a massive event. My sister had the brilliant idea of going for Mexican food. Uh, that's not gonna work. All my sisters and almost 90 year old parents trying to squeeze into a crowded, noisy restaurant!! Plan B.

La




No comments: