Sunday, May 5, 2019

Do you have some Mossimo in your closet? NYT and Copenhagen

Ah Sunday. Coffee and the Sunday NY Times. We have it delivered and it stays on the breakfast table all week. J does the word games, I read/skim most all of the paper and get some great book ideas from that section, I like how the children (when home) also peruse the paper and, maybe, get some fresh perspective/ideas/etc. With this subscription we get free access to the NYT all week on line.Our local paper only publishes three times a week now and is pretty useless so this has been an alternative. We watch/listen to PBS during the week as well.

I pulled on a pair of bike/exercise boy shorts that I've had for a while. Label: Mossimo. When the college entrance scandal broke I didn't know anything about Lori Laughlin and her husband. I never watched her tv show(s) and never realized there was a real man behind the ubiquitous Mossimo brand. I never thought about it, but I bet almost every woman in America has a piece of his clothing in her closet, or if she's a real declutter freak, used to have. I mean Target and Mossimo - what a couple they were. In style, affordable and easy to get at your local Target, Mossimo was a giant for years. I guess, obviously, you shouldn't be able to buy your way into college, but am I surprised by it? No. And when you've gotten/made money from every woman (and child?!) in America you can afford to bribe almost anyone.  Ah current events. It's a lovely era we're in. Or is the spotlight just finding all our peccadillo's more easily because of the advent of iphones and security cameras?

We've got our Copenhagen air b&b confirmed. All of the hosts have been lovely and prompt in responding to my queries. In Copenhagen she said to take the metro, about 20 min. to her stop, and walk 400 meters and voila, there! She said I think you'll be here at about 10 am so I'll be at the house to meet you. Wonderful! Also we are a 10-15 min walk from the (Los Angeles based) friend we are meeting in CPH, so we did pretty good on that front. We will have a wonderful time with Jim, always do. He was a writer/script runner on The Golden Girls and has stories and a great wit. Can't wait. (which is how we've been ending our emails lately).

Heading to brunch soon for Mom's 89th birthday. She really is amazing. About 16 of us will be there.
Mimosa anyone?
La

No comments: