Monday, May 6, 2019

Stay chic

So this blog is to help me write more. Check. Bring more je ne sais quoi/french chic inspired style to my life. Semi check. What have I been doing? Well, writing about the CLE has been cool and I believe that blogging every morning has helped me be more conscious during the day of being slower, more deliberate, less work and more 'life' driven. I take the mornings (because I am self employed and I can!) and write, do 15-20 minutes of movement (yoga or Jessica Smith TV or walking), a facial massage or Nuface and today I'm adding 15 minutes of keyboards practice. If I keep moving that's about 1 1/2 hours of "me" time - right off the bat. So my day begins with me and I feel accomplished early on. I started a modified version of this about 14 months ago with the workout portion and have added the other things. It seems to work for me. Some days I don't do it all - I may have an early appointment for example - but it's a solid routine for me and I'd recommend it. Some people get up really early (5 am!!) to do this before they have to hit the office etc. Thankfully I don't have to do that cause I wouldn't.

We had family dinner yesterday (pizza and beer, not so chic) and watched Game Night with Jason Batemen. Funny enough with a couple of 'turns'. It kept moving, that's for sure. I've enjoyed him in Ozarks.

I am sending it out into the universe:  no more endless youtube. Since quitting facebook (don't miss it) I've gotten wrapped up in the nomadic lifestyle of people who live in an RV, van or even their car - because they like it. Fascinating to me for some reason. Also watching lots of Paris/Amsterdam/Copenhagen planning videos, which I'll allow. But the snowbirds and retirees moving to Mexico, or attending the next RV meetup - they gotta learn their place with me! Those folks have a lot of time to videotape themselves and whatever grabs their fancy and I've been sucked in. Come on, I'll never 'bake' grands biscuits on a wooden dowel over a campfire even tho I now know how to do it. Will I?

Tomorrow I get my 6 -8 week haircut with B. She's a master and charges like one, but I always get a great cut, it grows out nicely and it's worth it to me as I rarely have to do more than dry it and go. I'm growing it a bit longer so tomorrow will be a shape up session. It's all grown out, natural grey, and I get lots of complements on both cut and color.
Chop Chop,
La

No comments: