Tuesday, May 21, 2019

My life part ten

So, I think we're pretty much all all caught up with my life. Working as a real estate appraiser, singing with The PopTarts, managing our rental properties, Mom to three - one child still living at home, wife, daughter of two aging parents (Dad undergoing chemo at 88), sister of four, aunt of many......
and now prepping for a 13 day vacation to Europe. Yay!!

 It looks like rain for some of our trip, I got some cheap disposable rain ponchos via Amazon to tuck into my bag; going to fine tune my packing tomorrow. Taking very little - our rentals all have washer/dryer included and I don't want to be lugging a lot of stuff around. I've been a minimalist travel packer for many years now and it's definitely the way (for me) to go! Wear the heavy stuff on the plane and layer, layer, layer if, when you arrive at your destination, it's cooler than planned. Of course with modern tech you can get fairly reliable forecasts in advance. Black, denim/blue and faded army green are my colors. A big scarf, doubles as a picnic tablecloth. We plan to hit the french pharmacy upon arrival and choose a bottle of body lotion to share throughout the trip.  Taking one small tube of toothpaste for all to share. Same with some micellar water etc.  So excited!! Remember, they have stores in Europe, all you really need is money (and your passport!).

I plan to blog a few more times before we depart, but I have some work appointments this week and final planning/packing to do - so no promises. I can share some photos upon return. We have daughter's boyfriend staying here to watch the cats/hold down the fort. He's here now making us homemade pizza. I highly recommend a nurse/chef combo for your daughter's boyfriend if you have a choice! My sisters and Mom will be taking good care of Dad.
bisous,
L

No comments: