Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Wednesday: pre trip musings

Yikes, we leave Saturday for Toronto. Then on to Paris from there.  Lots to do these next three days. It's exciting and a bit nerve wracking to travel so far from home, including leaving behind one of my children and aging parents. Life is crazy and you just never know.....my intention is to have a wonderful time and I know I will, but it's human to worry sometimes.

My good friend A is in Amsterdam right now and her Instagram feed is full of terrific photos - so picturesque. She's heading to Belgium next. Spoke with my niece yesterday, we'll be talking on Monday in Paris and coordinate a meet up for Tuesday. She'll be with two friends, I don't want to hijack her time, but she and my kids want to see one another so I hope we can get together. Jim (from LA) is excited to meet up/spend three days exploring Copenhagen with us - he's so much fun to be around - can't wait to see him too. The weather is, perhaps, going to be less than perfect - chilly/rain - and both my other times in Europe the weather was always dry, so my luck could be running out in that department. Positive thoughts!

I'm using packing cubes for the first time, will report back on them. As mentioned, packing very light, I even bought a smaller sized carry on than one I already own.

Trying on stuff later and starting to finalize packing. I've been eating rather unwisely and may regret that, but I'm back on semi-keto/intermittent fasting after the trip. I never gain weight on vacation anyway, always very active, lots of walking and no snacking to speak of, I'll probably lose a pound or two. I fluctuate a bit anyway, 5-7 pounds, and I'm tall so that's not any kind of issue with me, but I just feel better when my stomach is flatter and my clothes fit smoothly. :)

Sucking it up,
L



No comments: